Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Towards a fitter me - 1

This is not an article on 'how to loose 20kgs in a month' types, there are many such articles on google, go check them out (if you want to loose muscle weight and become weak, been there done that!). This is my (series of) short story on how I am growing towards fitter-me! 

I wasted myself during last semester at college as there weren't many classes to attend. I used to sleep late watching movies, get up late by lunch time, became a lazy bum. It was never a good sight in the mirror; with and without clothes! No dress was good enough to hide stuff I didn't want people to see. I tried hitting the gym at my college, paid them twice but nothing could motivate me. 

As soon as I started working I realized; its not only the fittest who survive, but lead! If you are healthy and fit, you don't only feel good about yourself but others too feel comfortable around you. Who would like to initiate a conversation with a fat ugly double chin guy/girl when there are good looking ones around! 

I observed CXOs, Great bosses, happy managers and department heads are all with great health and charming faces. I had no idea whether it was fitness that made them what they are, or the other way round!! But I was convinced looking at their confidence, fitness has a lot to do with career (non-career too). 

I was also warned by my doctor to reduce some kilos or I should be ready for some serious illness like High blood pressure, sugar, arthritis and long list. I just decided, on a day, to visit gym at office. 

The digital weighing machine showed 91 heavy kilos, beyond what I expected. 

At once I thought, it was too late to start anything. Then while sleeping over the thought that day, it occurred,  I need to get away with this guilt. I didn't know how, but the thought inside my head started haunting me. 
.
.
.
.

I am not an ideal weight today as I write this, but i am starting to write these (short) blog posts now. The same weighing machine shows 76 Kgs today; which makes my BMI fall in 'normal' bracket for the first time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment